Synology DiskStation DS720+ SAN/NAS Storage System - Intel Celeron J4125 Quad-core (4 Core) 2 GHz - 2 x HDD Supported - 0 x HDD Installed - 2 x SSD Supported - 0 x SSD Installed - 2 GB RAM DDR4 SDRAM - Serial ATA Controller - RAID Supported 0, 1, Basic, Hybrid RAID, JBOD - 2 x Total Bays - 2 x 2.5"/3.5" Bay - Gigabit Ethernet - eSATA - 2 USB Port(s) - 2 USB 3.0 Port(s) - Network (RJ-45) - DiskStation Manager - iSCSI, SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WEBDAV, CalDAV, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, PPTP, ... - Desktop DISKLESS
Capacity-scalable NAS with SSD Cache Acceleration Capability
Synology DiskStation DS720+ is a compact network-attached storage solution designed to streamline data and multimedia management. Two built-in M.2 SSD slots and Synology SSD Cache technology allow you to boost system I/O and application performance. With scalable storage design, DS720+ lets you start small and expand storage capacity with the Synology DX517 as your data grows.
Streamline Your Data Management Experience
Synology DS720+ is a powerful 2-bay desktop NAS that brings you a fast and smooth data management experience, as well as 225 MB/s sequential read and 195 MB/s sequential write throughput. It benefits computing-intensive applications, speeding up Synology Drive and Moments by an average 15%, and boosting Web PHP response efficiency by about 130% compared to its predecessor, making data management simple and efficient.
DS720+ comes with two built-in M.2 SSD slots that support Synology SSD Cache technology, allowing you to reduce random I/O response time 20 times compared with mechanical drives without occupying front drive bays. You can add five more drives with Synology DX517 for higher storage capacity.
On-premises Collaboration & Synching Solution
DS720+ comes with Synology Collaboration Suite, the productivity and file sharing solution that powers team collaboration while leveraging the advantages of the private cloud to fully control data and prevent data leaks -- through HTTPS support, a built-in firewall, and multiple IP and account intrusion auto-blocking mechanisms.
- Synology Drive enables data synchronization and backup via web portal and desktop applications across Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®platforms. Intelliversioning saves historical versions while minimizing storage space use and supports on-demand data restoration.
- Synology Office includes Documents, Spreadsheets, and Slides. Its online editing environment allows multiple users to edit, comment, and share company data simultaneously -- at no additional license fee.
- Synology MailPlus is a reliable mail server, accessible through an intuitive web-based client, that helps users to manage emails and increase productivity. MailPlus supports deployment in High-Availability clusters.
- Synology Chat enables instant conversations and optimizes team communications with powerful features including message encryption, pinning, forwarding, reminders, and scheduling.
Establish a Strong Storage Foundation with Btrfs
DS720+ features a Btrfs file system optimized by Synology to offer you high reliability and high performance. Btrfs supports advanced storage technologies that meet the needs of modern business:
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration offers users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder more flexibility.
- Flexible Shared Folders and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file systems to auto-detect corrupted files using mirrored metadata and to recover broken data using RAID configurations.
- Inline compression compresses data before writing them to the drive, to optimize storage use and reduce write commands to the drives.